Illusion Fox Pokémon Pokémon
|Illusion||12.5% ♀/87.5% ♂|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
It can only be obtained by either evolving a Zorua, though it could once be obtained through an event by transferring either a Shiny Entei, Suicune, or Raikou. By bringing the legendary with you in your party, you can initiate a event where you get to face a girl in a trailer located in Lostlorn Forest, who has what seems to be one of the three Legendary Beasts. Attacking it, however, reveals that its actually a Zoroark, and can be captured. When caught, it will know the moves Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Scary Face, Taunt, and Night Burst.
Zoroark appears in a new Pokémon movie called Zoroark: Master of Illusions. In that movie, Zorua called Zoroark "Meema" (Pronounced Mi-Mah) throughout. It may be Zorua's way of calling Zoroark his mom.
|Generations I - IV|
|Zoroark did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|Bonds between these Pokémon are very strong. It protects the safety of its pack by tricking its opponents.|
|Each has the ability to fool a large group of people simultaneously. They protect their lair with illusory scenery.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Zoroark did not appear in Generation I|
|Zoroark did not appear in Generation II|
|Zoroark did not appear in Generation III|
|Zoroark did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
- 11-03-11 17.59.19.png
- 11-03-11 17.52.29.png
- 11-03-11 17.21.34.png
- Zoroark is likely based on Kitsune (fox) of Japanese folklore, a shape-shifting mythical fox that would trick unsuspecting travelers for fun. This is similar to Ninetales, another Pokémon based on Kitsune. It also resembles a werewolf, which is half man and half wolf, due to the fact that it is an anthropomorphic Canid, like most werewolves.
- Zoroark is one of only nine pure dark types. The others are Umbreon, Poochyena, Mightyena, Darkrai, Liepard, Zorua and Purrloin.
- Zoroark's name comes from zorro, which is Spanish for "fox", and "dark".
- Zoroark in the first non-legendary Pokémon to be completely event exclusive and unobtainable during normal game play.
- Zoruark is the first Unova Pokémon ever seen in the anime. (Zoroark: Master of Illusions)