|Pokémon Contests RSE|
|Super Contests DPPt|
- Volt Tackle is one of Pichu's, Pikachu's and Raichu's strongest attacks. It is learned by breeding a member of the Pikachu family with another one with a Light Ball.
- Volt Tackle is an Electric type move, with 120 power and 100 accuracy,. It is a Physical move.
- Volt Tackle can cause paralysis, but also delivers to the user 1/3 of the damage inflicted. This move in power is equal to Thunder, but Volt Tackle has a 100 accuracy, where as Thunder has a 70 accuracy. The other difference between the two attacks is that Volt Tackle has recoil, where Thunder does not.
- Pichu's, Pikachu's and Raichu's Volt Tackle is more powerful than Thunder, because they tend to increase more attack than Sp. Attack.
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Volt Tackle is Pikachu's Final Smash.
How to obtain
- To get a Pichu that knows Volt Tackle, you must breed a female Pikachu that is holding the Light Ball with another Pokémon that is in its Egg Group. Your Pichu will hatch with Volt Tackle being known. Or, you can breed a Pichu with a Ditto and female Pikachu.
- In Generation IV. Get a male Cherrim and a female Pikachu, put both in the day-care, and have Pikachu hold the Light Ball. Now, you should then have a Pichu that knows volt tackle
- Its Japanese name, Volteccer, is based on the signature move of the character Pulseman. Long before Game Freak made Pokémon, they created Pulseman, a Sega Genesis game. It should also be noted that Team Galactic and Rotom are also homages to Pulseman (Team Galactic based on Galaxy Gang, the main antagonists of Pulseman; and Rotom looks slighty like him—it can even go from the digital world to the "real world" and back in a similar fashion).