We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Sun Pokémon Pokémon
Swarm (Dream World)
|50% ♀/50% ♂|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Evolution[edit | edit source]
Volcarona evolves from Larvesta starting at level 59.
In the anime[edit | edit source]
A Volcarona appeared in Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain! as it was pursued by a hunter.
Game Info[edit | edit source]
Game Locations[edit | edit source]
|Black/White||Relic Castle,Evolve Larvesta|
Pokédex Entries[edit | edit source]
|Generations I - IV|
|Volcarona did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun.|
|A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales.|
Learnset[edit | edit source]
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
Sprites[edit | edit source]
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Volcarona did not appear in Generation I|
|Volcarona did not appear in Generation II|
|Volcarona did not appear in Generation III|
|Volcarona did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Volcarona shares the same species with Sunflora and Espeon; they're all known as the Sun Pokémon.
- It shares similarities with Venomoth that it has a 2 stage evolution line based on a moth.
- Its name comes from the words "Volcano" and "Corona".
- Its wings resemble the sun when unfurled.
- Volcarona may be based off the Kaiju Mothra.
- Volcarona and its pre-evolution are the only Pokémon in the game that have the / type combination.
- As it is a / type, these are the only Pokémon in the game to lose 50% of their health from Stealth Rock and still take damage from Spikes, without the move Gravity being present or if the Iron Ball item is being held.
- It is the only Pokémon who can learn Fiery Dance.
- Its pre-evolution, Larvesta, is a physical attacker, while Volcarona is a special attacker.
- Volcarona was the first Bug-type Pokémon to learn the move Fly. The second was Genesect.
- Volcarona, along with its pre-evolution are the only non-Flying type Poke'mon to have a double weakness to Rock type moves.