Volcarona (Japanese: ウルガモス Urugamosu) is a Bug/Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It is seen in-game as the Champion Alder's strongest Pokémon at Level 77.
Volcarona evolves from Larvesta starting at level 59.
In the anime
A Volcarona appeared in Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain! as it was pursued by a hunter.
|Generations I - IV
|Volcarona did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.
|When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun.
|A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales.
- Volcarona shares the same species with Sunflora and Espeon; they're all known as the Sun Pokémon.
- It shares similarities with Venomoth that it has a 2 stage evolution line based on a moth.
- Its name comes from the words "Volcano" and "Corona".
- Its wings resemble the sun when unfurled.
- Volcarona may be based off the Kaiju Mothra.
- Volcarona and its pre-evolution are the only Pokémon in the game that have the Bug/Fire type combination.
- As it is a Bug/Fire type, these are the only Pokémon in the game to lose 50% of their health from Stealth Rock and still take damage from Spikes, without the move Gravity being present or if the Iron Ball item is being held.
- It is the only Pokémon who can learn Fiery Dance.
- Its pre-evolution, Larvesta, is a physical attacker, while Volcarona is a special attacker.
- Volcarona was the first Bug-type Pokémon to learn the move Fly. The second was Genesect.
- Volcarona, along with its pre-evolution are the only non-Flying type Poke'mon to have a double weakness to Rock type moves.