Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Sun Pokémon Pokémon
Swarm (Dream World)
|50% ♀/50% ♂|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Volcarona evolves from Larvesta starting at level 59.
In the anime
A Volcarona appeared in Guarding the Guardian of the Mountain! as it was pursued by a hunter.
|Black/White||Relic Castle,Evolve Larvesta||Two|
|Generations I - IV|
|Volcarona did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun.|
|A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Volcarona did not appear in Generation I|
|Volcarona did not appear in Generation II|
|Volcarona did not appear in Generation III|
|Volcarona did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
- Volcarona shares the same species with Sunflora and Espeon; they're all known as the Sun Pokémon.
- It shares similarities with Venomoth that it has a 2 stage evolution line based on a moth.
- Its name comes from the words "Volcano" and "Corona".
- Its wings resemble the sun when unfurled.
- Volcarona may be based off the Kaiju Mothra.
- Volcarona and its pre-evolution are the only Pokémon in the game that have the / type combination.
- As it is a / type, these are the only Pokémon in the game to lose 50% of their health from Stealth Rock and still take damage from Spikes, without the move Gravity being present or if the Iron Ball item is being held.
- It is the only Pokémon who can learn Fiery Dance.
- Its pre-evolution, Larvesta, is a physical attacker, while Volcarona is a special attacker.
- Volcarona was the first Bug-type Pokémon to learn the move Fly. The second was Genesect.
- Volcarona, along with its pre-evolution are the only non-Flying type Poke'mon to have a double weakness to Rock type moves.