Thundurus (Japanese: ボルトロス Voltolos) is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary Pokémon first introduced in the Generation V games Pokemon Black and White. It is also a Pokémon that is only a male. It is somehow related to Tornadus and Landorus. It is a version exclusive for Pokémon White.
Thundurus does not evolve.
|Generations I - IV
|Thundurus did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.
|Countless charred remains mar the landscape of places which Thundurus has passed.
|The spikes on its tail discharge immense bolts of lightning. It flies around the Unova region firing off lightning bolts.
In the anime
Thundurus and its brothers appeared in BW061 and BW062.
The Kami Trio in the anime
- Thundurus and Tornadus have the same stats in their base formes.
- Thundurus is the third Electric/Flying Pokémon, the others being Zapdos and Emolga.
- Coincidentally, Zapdos and Thundurus are both part of legendary Trios and have the same types.
- Thundurus's appearance resembles a Djinn.
- Thundurus also appears to resemble Zeus, because it flies around on a cloud causing Lightning to rain down.
- Thundurus's species happens to be one of Zekrom's signature moves, Bolt Strike.
- It is said to be the only thing to make an entire lap around the Unova region in a day, but the player also can do this when a bike is equipped.
- Thundurus, Zapdos, Zekrom and Raikou all have something in common:
- All of them are part of a legendary trio.
- All of them are electric Pokémon.
- Thundurus's name is a misspelling of the word "thunderous". The choosing of this name is possibly due to the end of its name having to match Landorus and Tornadus' and when it uses lightning, thunder accompanies it due to hot air particles brushing against cold.
- Despite Thundurus being the Bolt Strike Pokémon, he cannot learn the move Bolt Strike.
- Thundurus and the rest of the Kami trio will have 3DS and AR searcher app exclusive forms in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, called "Therian Formes", while their current forms are called "Incarnation Formes".
- While Thundurus has a gender, it cannot breed.