Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
White Bird Pokémon Pokémon
Hydration (Dream World)
|50% ♂/50% ♀|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|24.2 kg||???||1.3 m||???|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Swanna (Japanese: スワンナ Suwanna) is a /-type Pokémon that is classified as the Swan Pokémon. It is a Generation V Pokémon that will appear in Pokemon Black and White. It has the ability Keen Eye and Big Pecks. It has a new attack called Windstorm which changes in accuracy depending on the weather.
Swanna is a white swan-looking Pokémon with large amounts of plumage. It has a long yellow beak with a black cere around it. On its head are several white-colored feathers with a more pointed feature at the top. Just like with most swans, Swanna possess a curved neck. Located on its underside are two light-blue feathery figures that are similar to the ones on its head. Its wings, however, are positioned in a way unconventional to birds. Its legs are small and has dark-colored webbed feet.
|Generations I - IV|
|Swanna did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|Swanna start to dance at dusk. The one dancing in the middle is the leader of the flock.|
|It administers sharp, powerful pecks with its bill. It whips its long neck to deliver forceful repeated strikes.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Swanna did not appear in Generation I|
|Swanna did not appear in Generation II|
|Swanna did not appear in Generation III|
|Swanna did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
- Swanna was first seen in a video shown after Oha Suta on July 31, 2010 for the Pokémon Musicals, again when its art leaked on Yahoo's Pokémon website, and finally in the September issue of CoroCoro on August 8, 2010.
- Swanna is based on a swan.
- Swanna is the fourth bird Pokémon to have the /-typing. The other three being Wingull, Pelipper and Ducklett.
- It is possibly based on a Trumpeter Swan, as seen by the trumpet it held in a trailer about Pokémon Musicals.
- It is also possibly based on Odette from Swan Lake the ballet.
- In BW:20 a Ducklett (Swanna's pre evolution) might appear as shown in some preview pictures (in drawing) and in pre release pictures, it shows that with the rumor of Ash getting Sandile in this episode, Ducklett will appear in this episode.
- This Pokémon, due to its pre-evolution, appears to be a play on the tale of the ugly duckling, as its pre-evolved form looks like a duck.
- Swanna is the first Flying type Pokémon Ash sees in Unova
- Officer Jenny has a Swanna that used Defog but did not work in a fog.