Trap Pokémon Pokémon
Sand Veil (Dream World)
|50% ♂/50% ♀|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Game Info[edit | edit source]
Game Locations[edit | edit source]
|Black/White||Route 8, Icirrus City|
Pokédex Entries[edit | edit source]
|Generations I - IV|
|Stunfisk did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|Its skin is very hard, so it is unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers. It smiles when transmitting electricity.|
|It conceals itself in the mud of the seashore. Then it waits. When prey touch it, it delivers a jolt of energy.|
Learnset[edit | edit source]
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
Sprites[edit | edit source]
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Stunfisk did not appear in Generation I|
|Stunfisk did not appear in Generation II|
|Stunfisk did not appear in Generation III|
|Stunfisk did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|File:Stunfisk BW Back.gif|
|File:Shiny Stunfisk BW Back.gif|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though Stunfisk is a /-type Pokémon, it can learn the -type move Muddy Water.
- Stunfisk is the first Pokémon that has a Ground/Electric-type combination.
- Despite living in water and being based on a fish, Stunfisk is not a Water-type.
- Before Pokémon Black and White, Stunfisk originally had Electric as a primary type, and Ground as a secondary type, but later it turns to have Ground as its primary type, and Electric as a secondary type.
- Stunfisk is the one of the two Electric-type Pokémon to be weak to Water-type moves, Heat Rotom being the other.
- Both of Stunfisk's abilities, Static and Limber, are related to the paralysis status condition.
- Static has a 30% chance of inflicting the paralysis status if hit by a physical contact move to the attacker, while Limber prevents Stunfisk from being paralyzed.
- Stunfisk's name comes from the word "stun", and the word "Hundfisk" which is Swedish for "Mudminnow"
- Stunfisk is the only known Pokémon to both be weak against its own type and immune to its own type, as well as being the only aquatic Pokémon to be weak to Water-type moves.