Silver (Japanese: シルバー Silver) is a character from Pokémon Gold and Silver and their remakes. He acts as the rival of the game, occasionally challenging, taunting and arriving just in time to stop whatever the player was doing. He is the son of Giovanni, who was long rumored to be his father. He also has a deep hatred for Team Rocket due to his father leaving him to go do strenuous training after his loss to Red.
Silver appears briefly in the anime when Jimmy (Ethan/Gold) has a flashback of a battle he lost with Silver. He is shown with only a Nidoking. Nothing else is known and he has not shown up again.
- Main article: Silver (manga)
Silver appears in the manga under the same name. He is one of the Pokédex holders. He appears in the Gold, Silver and Crystal Arc; the FireRed and LeafGreen Arc; the Emerald Arc; and the HeartGold and SoulSilver Arc.
Silver's Artwork in Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
Silver seems to favor the strong Pokémon and likes to use the Dragon's Den as his training ground, he also hates weak pokemon and weak trainers. After many defeats at the hands of the player, he starts to train his Pokémon with kindness.
|Silver's Battle Sprite in Gold, SIlver and Crystal, in Johto.
||Silver's Battle Sprite in Gold, Silver and Crystal, in Kanto.
||Silver's Battle Sprite in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
||Silver from behind during tag battle in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
||Silver's VS Sprite in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
At first, Silver likes to steal other trainers' Pokémon rather than capture his own, like the starter that has a type advantage to the player's and a Sneasel from Cianwood City, but he eventually learns to take care of his Pokémon properly, as seen by the fact that he has a Crobat.
- Main article: Silver's Pokémon Teams (HeartGold/SoulSilver)
Monday/Wednesday Rebattles (Pokemon League)[edit | edit source]
If Player Chose Chikorita
If Player Chose Cyndaquil
If Player Chose Totodile
Some hackers know how to play as Silver, though it is not recommended as it is hacking and it may cause damage to the game.
Silver in the opening of the game.
- Despite Magneton and Sneasel gaining evolutions in Generation IV, Silver's Magneton and Sneasel do not evolve into their final forms when battled at their highest levels. This may be due to Magneton needing Mt. Coronet to evolve and Sneasel needing a Razor Claw.
- Silver's team in Pokémon Stadium 2 consisted of Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh, all legendaries.
- SIlver's eye color in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver differs between the artwork and the game. In the artwork, his eyes are grey, while in the opening, his eyes are red.
- During the special Celebi event, Silver is found in the past arguing with his Father.
- Before Silver's revelation as Giovanni's son was revealed, in FireRed and LeafGreen, when Red confronts a Rocket Scientist, he mistook the former for Giovanni's son, only to remember that his son had red hair.