Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Season Pokémon Pokémon
Serene Grace (Dream World)
|50% ♂/50% ♀|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|???||92.5 kg||???||1.9 m|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Sawsbuck is a /-type Generation V Pokémon. Its classification is the Seasonal Pokémon and has the abilities Chlorophyll and the new one, Sap Sipper. It changes appearance in accordance to the seasons currently present in the games. It evolves from Deerling. Its signature move is Horn Leech.
Sawsbuck, like its pre-evolution, resembles a fully grown deer with antlers no matter what gender it is, like reindeer or caribou. Sawsbuck changes not its fur color, unlike Deerling, but rather changes the style of its antlers. In the spring flowers adorn them, in the summer, leaves cluster on them like trees, in fall the leaves become orange, and in winter its antlers become completely white and it gathers drifts of "snow" around its neck and hooves. The spots on its back also change colors with the seasons: pink in spring, green in summer, orange in fall, and white in winter. Its appearance shares a model with the Pokémon Stantler from Generation II.
|Generations I - IV|
|Sawsbuck did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|They migrate according to the seasons. People can tell the season by looking at Sawsbuck's horns.|
|The plants growing on its horns change according to the season. The leaders of the herd possess magnificent horns.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
- Sawsbuck is based on an elk.
- Sawsbuck was officially revealed on the October issue of Coro Coro on September 11, 2010.
- Like its previous form Deerling, Sawsbuck changes form by the seasons.
- The Summer form is the only form of Sawsbuck not to have a tuft of fur underneath its neck.
- Sawsbuck's first 4 letters of its name, resembles the seasons: Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring.
- Sawsbuck represents January in the Unova horoscope.
- Its summer form is the only one that has an upright tail.