Karate Pokémon Pokémon
Mold Breaker (Dream World)
|0% ♀/100% ♂|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|51.0 kg||???||1.4 m||???|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Sawk (Japanese: ダゲキ Dageki) is a Pokémon that was first introduced in the fifth generation games Pokémon Black and White. It, along with Throh, seem to form a fighting type pair similar to Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. It is easier to find in Pokémon Black than Throh. Its name may be a play on the word "Sock" as in to punch.
Sawk is a blue Pokémon with a blue Gi, a traditional uniform for training and contests in many martial arts. It has two, three-toed feet and it has a very big, bushy, eyebrow.
Sawk does not evolve.
|Black/White||Route 10, Route 16, Route 18, Pinwheel Forest||Common|
|Generations I - IV|
|Sawk did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|The sound of Sawk punching boulders and trees can be heard all the way from the mountains where they train.|
|Tying their belts gets them pumped and makes their punches more destructive. Disturbing their training angers them.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Sawk did not appear in Generation I|
|Sawk did not appear in Generation II|
|Sawk did not appear in Generation III|
|Sawk did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
- Sawk is based on a master Karate Fighter.
- Sawk and Throh can be viewed as the "Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan" of the Unova Region.
- Sawk's english name was originally going to be 'Sawkem', but was changed late in the process of english localization as a result of possible copyright infringement. Sawk's counterpart (Throh) was to have the english name 'Rawkem' (which, when read in Pokédex order, would read 'Rawkem Sawkem'). This is a play on the famous 80's toy franchise Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. Even more of a coincidence, are the matching red and blue colors shared between the Pokémon and the game's characters.
- Sawk along with Throh may be based on the Ashinaga-tenaga, a pair of yokai one of which has long arms and the other has long legs with Sawk representing the longed legged of the pair.
- Sawk first appeared in M14, but its first appearence in the anime was BW043, where Stephan used it to battle Iris and her Emolga in the Battle Tournament.