Hustle (Dream World)
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|40.8 lbs.||18.5 kg||2'04"||0.7 m|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Compared to Rattata, Raticate is far more of a predator, and the majority of its features are adapted for this purpose. Its most notable feature are its large teeth; like most rodents, Raticate's teeth grow continuously throughout its life, and must be constantly worn down by gnawing. It is also known that Raticate's fangs are tough enough to break concrete. It has long whiskers and a long tail. Raticate looks like a rat, just like Rattata. Raticate tends to stand on its hind legs, as opposed to its pre-evolution.
Special abilities[edit | edit source]
Raticate's webbed feet allow it to swim well when it hunts its prey.
Evolution[edit | edit source]
Raticate is the evolved form of Rattata as of level 20.
In the anime[edit | edit source]
- Ash traded his Butterfree to a gentleman on the S.S. Anne for a Raticate. However, he changed his mind and traded back. This was in Battle Aboard the St. Anne.
- The Kas Gym's Raticate was seen in the Showdown at Dark City.
- Butch and Cassidy's Raticate was seen in The Ole' Berate and Switch, The Breeding Center Secret, The Fortune Hunters, and Training Daze!
- Ralph's Raticate and Emily's Raticate where seen in Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?
- Molly's Raticate was seen in What I did for Love.
Game info[edit | edit source]
Game locations[edit | edit source]
|Red/Blue||Route 16, 17, 18, 21||Common|
|Yellow||Route 9, 10, 11, 16, 18, 21, Pokémon Mansion||Common|
|Gold/Silver||Route 7, 9, 10, 26, 27, 38, 39, Union Cave, Burned Tower||Uncommon|
|Crystal||Route 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 26, 27, 38, 39, 42, 43, Mt. Mortar, Union Cave, Tohjo Falls, Brass Tower||Uncommon|
|FireRed/ LeafGreen||Route 16, 17, 18, Pokémon Mansion||Uncommon|
|Diamond/ Pearl||Route 225, 226||Common|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Route 7, 9, 10, 26, 27, 38, 39, 47, Mt. Mortar, Union Cave, Brass Tower, Tohjo Falls||Common|
|Black 2/White 2||Dreamyard, Strange House, Relic Passage||Uncommon|
|Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire||Route 118 (DexNav Exclusive)||Uncommon|
Side game locations[edit | edit source]
|Pokémon Trozei!||Endless Level 16, Endless Level 42, Forever Level 1, Mr. Who's Den|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Mystifying Forest (B1F-B13F), Mystery Jungle (B1F-B29F), Midnight Forest (B1F-B21F)|
|Pokémon Ranger||Underground Waterways|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Pueltown|
|Pokémon Rumble||Cold Meadow|
Pokédex entries[edit | edit source]
|Red||It uses its whiskers to maintain its balance. It apparently slows down if they are cut off.|
|Yellow||Its hind feet are webbed. They act as flippers, so it can swim in rivers and hunt for prey.|
|Stadium||If attacked, it stands up on its hind legs, bares its fangs and shrieks in an intimidating manner at its enemy.|
|Gold||Gnaws on anything with its tough fangs. It can even topple concrete buildings by gnawing on them.|
|Silver||Its whiskers help it to maintain balance. Its fangs never stop growing, so it gnaws to pare them down.|
|Crystal||The webs on its hind legs enable it to cross rivers. It searches wide areas for food.|
|Ruby||Raticate's sturdy fangs grow steadily. To keep them ground down, it gnaws on rocks and logs. It may even chew on the walls of houses.|
|Emerald||A Raticate's sturdy fangs grow steadily. To keep them ground down, it gnaws on rocks and logs. It may even chew on the walls of houses.|
|FireRed||Its rear feet have three toes each. They are webbed, enabling it to swim across rivers.|
|Diamond||It whittles its constantly growing fangs by gnawing on hard things. It can chew apart cinder walls.|
|Black 2||With its long fangs, this surprisingly violent Pokémon can gnaw away even thick concrete with ease.|
Learnset[edit | edit source]
Generation I[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Raticate/Learnset Generation I
Generation II[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Raticate/Learnset Generation II
Generation III[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Raticate/Learnset Generation III
Generation IV[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Raticate/Learnset Generation IV
Generation V[edit | edit source]
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
Origins[edit | edit source]
Raticate appears to be based on a large aquatic rodent. Many of its traits resemble those of the coypu, such as its prominent teeth, thick white whiskers, and large size; its small nose and light brown fur more closely match a muskrat.
Raticate's name comes from rat and eradicate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being an adept swimmer, this Pokémon cannot learn Surf.
- Raticate has been shown in the anime[which episode?] to be the same size as Rattata, even though the Pokédex describes Raticate as twice Rattata's size.
- In Pokémon Red, Green, and Blue, the player character's rival had a Rattata that eventually evolved into a Raticate. However, after the battle on the S.S. Anne, Raticate suddenly disappeared from his team. A common fan theory speculates that Raticate died, and the rival was visiting its grave just before the battle at Pokémon Tower.