Tiny Pigeon Pokémon Pokémon
Rivalry (Dream World)
|50% ♀/50% ♂|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|4.6 lbs.||2.1 kg||1'00" ft.||0.3 m|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Pidove (Japanese: マメパト Mamepato) is a /-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. Its class is the Baby Pigeon Pokémon and has the abilities Super Luck and a new one called Big Pecks which seems to prevent the defense stat from falling.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Pidove appears to be a small, gray bird with elliptical yellow eyes. It has two wide black stripes on both of its wings. It has a light gray belly, the lighter patch shaped like a heart. It has a tuft of three feathers atop its head.
In the Anime[edit | edit source]
Evolution[edit | edit source]
Game Info[edit | edit source]
Game Locations[edit | edit source]
Pokédex Entries[edit | edit source]
|Generations I - IV|
|Pidove did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|Each follows its Trainer's orders as best it can, but they sometimes fail to understand complicated commands.|
|These Pokémon live in cities. They are accustomed to people. Flocks often gather in parks and plazas.|
Learnset[edit | edit source]
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
Sprites[edit | edit source]
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Pidove did not appear in Generation I|
|Pidove did not appear in Generation II|
|Pidove did not appear in Generation III|
|Pidove did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Japanese name of Pidove may be a combination of 忠実 mame, diligent, and ハト hato, pigeon.
- Pidove appears to be of the same value as Pidgey from Generation I, Hoothoot from Generation II, Taillow from Generation III and Starly from Generation IV.
- This Pokémon was revealed along with six other Pokémon in July's issue of CoroCoro on June 11, 2010, as was among the first "regular" Pokémon revealed.
- Even though it is called the Baby Pigeon Pokémon, it is not classified as a Baby Pokémon.
- This is the first time that a Normal/Flying type Pokémon does not appear until after the first badge is earned.
- Pidove's name almost certainly comes from the English words "pigeon" and "dove," both of which are very similar birds.
- Pidove's shiny form is likely based on the coloration of the diamond dove while its normal form is based on the sooty colors of a city-dwelling dove or pigeon.
- Pidove, like Pikachu, has two broad stripes running horizontally across its back.