OI031: Enter the Dragonite
|"Enter the Dragonite"|
|Pokémon: Adventures on the Orange Islands|
|September 9, 1999||September 23, 2000|
Episode Plot[edit | edit source]
Continuing where the last episode left off, the result of the battle between Ash's Lapras and Drake's Gengar results in a double knockout. There was a time out for a field change, from rock and water to a sandy desert. Drake chose his Venusaur next and Ash chose Tauros. Ash won the battle. Next, Drake choose Electabuzz and Ash chose Bulbasaur. Despite having a type advantage, Bulbasaur lost. Ash sent out Charizard, who took down Electabuzz. With one Pokémon left Ash was so close to victory. Unfortunately Drake's last Pokémon is his Dragonite. How will Ash stop this juggernaut, and will he leave Pummelo Island a winner, or a loser?
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jessie broke the fourth wall by pushing away the split screen line between her and Drake.
- This is one of the rare mentions of Levels in the anime. Both Tracey and Drake mention them while Ash is fighting Electabuzz.
- MIsty says that Dragonite moves like a jet, but jets cannot instantly change direction in flight as Dragonite did.
- Despite capturing Tauros in a green Safari Ball, Ash uses a regular red PokeBall to release it here.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Now only one Pokémon stands between Ash and victory. But as we've seen onto before Drake, the undisputed Orange Crew Gym Leader, has saved his best for last."
The announcer about Drake's Dragonite.
- "My last hope. I choose you!"
- "Just wait until Brock sees this."
Ash about to recive his Orange League trophy.
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|