OI019: Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?
|"Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?"|
|Pokémon: Adventures on the Orange Islands|
|June 10, 1999||April 22, 2000|
While on Mandarin Island, Ash and co meet a young girl named Emily and a young boy named Ralph. Both trainers are looking for their Nidoran (Tony and Maria). However, the two trainers hate each other because for a long time they have always had the same Pokémon. What's worse is that they're nextdoor neighbors. Things are complicated when Ralph's Tony (Nidoran Male) and Emily's Maria (Nidoran Female) are in love with each other. (Like in Romeo and Juliet), but the trainers don't want them to see each other. Things get even worse than that when Team Rocket meddles. Can Ralph and Emily set aside their differences and help their Pokémon, or will this love story end in tragedy?
- Tony and Maria were named after the two characters from West Side Story that fell in love with each other.
- Team Rocket once again cross-dresses.
- James was a Bride and Jessie was a Groom.
- This was the 100th episode of the series, a milestone event.
- Team Rocket broke the fourth wall at the end of this episode.
- Dexter gets its Nirodran entries wrong by mixing up the genders when Ash first meets Ralph and Emily, despite their trainers referring to their Pokemon as "he" and "she" respectively.
- "If you two weren't arguing this wouldn't have happened! You only have yourselves to blame!"
Misty scolding Ralph and Emily.
- Jessie: (about Tony and Maria) We'll tell them they're going on a little honeymoon, but instead we'll send them straight to the boss!
James: Pretty dirty trick.
Jessie: What good's a trick if it's not dirty?
- (Ash and his friends find Team Rocket with the Nidoran)
Ash: Bet you didn't expect to see us.
Misty: Now give back their Nidoran this second!
Meowth: It's the twerps!
Jessie: How'd you find us?
Tracey:(showing them a bag of cans that fell off their balloon) You wouldn't have been so easy to follow if you had of cleaned up your act.
Meowth: We must've dropped the cans!
James: (whispering) I guess I should have tied them a little tighter, huh?
Jessie: I guess I should have dropped you off the balloon instead, huh?
- Narrator: And so, thanks to our heroes, a near tragedy has a happy ending. It seems the Nidoran and their trainers will live happily ever after, and alls well that ends well.
(Team Rocket is trapped in ringing church bells)
Jessie: Did he say "Alls well that ends well"?
James: I think so.
Meowth: That has a familar ring.
- "I can't find anyone to love me, just because I'm mean and nasty and evil!"
~Jessie about herself.
- Misty: Love is the most important thing in the whole world!
Ash: Not more important than Pokémon.
- Misty: They're not mature enough to admit it, but they really like each other!
Tracey: Hey, thats just like you and Ash!
Misty & Ash: (Blushing) You must be crazy!
- Ash: You think people change when they get kissed?
Misty: I guess we'll have to find out for ourselves.
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|