OI012: Navel Maneuvers
|Pokémon: Adventures on the Orange Islands|
|April 22, 1999||March 11, 2000|
Episode Plot[edit | edit source]
Ash and friends arrive at Navel Island and meet Danny, a fellow Pokémon trainer who wanted to challenge the Navel Gym Leader. To do so, he and Ash had to climb a mountain without the aid of their Pokémon, or risk disqualification. After a long climb Danny reveals himself to be the Navel Gym Leader and since Ash did the required task, he passed the test and earned the right to challenge Danny. The challenge (Like Cissy's gym) was different than a normal Pokémon battle. The first task was to freeze a geyser with an Ice Beam attack. Ash chose Lapras while Danny chose Nidoqueen. Both fought hard but eventually Nidoqueen won. The next task was to take said geyser and carve a makeshift bobsled. Danny chose his Machoke, Scyther and Nidoqueen while Ash chose Bulbasaur, Pikachu and (regretably) Charizard. Though he wouldn't listen Charizard used its Flamethrower to carve the ice perfectly into a bobsled, winning Ash the round. The final challenge was a race down the mountain. Danny had a strong lead but in the end Ash won thus earning him the Sea-Ruby Badge. After saying their goodbyes Ash and co. continued their journey.
Debuts[edit | edit source]
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- Though Tracey never met it, he and Misty exclamed "Not Charizard!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The rules for the Naval Island Gym Challenge were as follows:
- You can use any Pokémon in your team
- You cannot use your Pokémon during the first part of the challenge or you'll be disqualified.
- First to win best two out of three wins.
- The Challenge is broken into four parts:
- Climb to the top of the mountain without the aid of your Pokémon
- Once at the top, Use a gusher and any Pokémon that knows Ice Beam to freeze it.
- Use your Pokémon to carve the ice log into a bobsled.
- Sled down the mountain.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|