Dream Eater Pokémon Pokémon
Telepathy (Dream World)
|50% ♀/50% ♂|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|23.3 kg||???||0.6 m||???|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Munna (Japanese: ムンナ Munna) is a -type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It seems to have been referenced to in the Generation I games: Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. It has the abilities Forewarn and Synchronize. Munna's evolution is Musharna, and both give off the Dream Mist that, once obtained, allows you to use a "Game Sync" which enables the uploading of your Black and White file to the Internet.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Munna is a pinkish bulb-like Pokémon with small purple polka dots on it. It floats around without touching the ground and has a trunk-like snout sticking down in front of it.
In the anime[edit | edit source]
In the anime Munna makes it's appearance in BW006. A scientist named Fennel has a Munna. It was first seen reacting to Musharna's calling, then seen waking up Axew after it was hit by Musharna's dream mist. It was Munna who showed Axew's dream of evolving into its final evolved form Haxorus.
During the phenomenon, Munna was the only one not affected by the dream smoke since they are drawn to each other.
Evolution[edit | edit source]
Game Info[edit | edit source]
Game Locations[edit | edit source]
Pokédex Entries[edit | edit source]
|Generations I - IV|
|Munna did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|Munna always float in the air. People whose dreams are eaten by them forget what the dreams had been about.|
|It eats the dreams of people and Pokémon. When it eats a pleasant dreams, it expels pink-colored mist.|
Learnset[edit | edit source]
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
Sprites[edit | edit source]
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Munna did not appear in Generation I|
|Munna did not appear in Generation II|
|Munna did not appear in Generation III|
|Munna did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Generation I, a trainer speaks of a pink Pokémon with a floral pattern, a description that fits this Pokémon, which was introduced 4 Generations later. That could've meant that Munna was designed for the first generation, but got held back. This is only speculation, however.
- This Pokémon was revealed along with six other Pokémon in July's issue of CoroCoro on June 11, 2010.
- Munna's name is the same in English as it is in Japanese. The official romanisation is confirmed to be the same.
- In Pokémon Black and White, Fennel will give you her Munna so you can access the Dream World.
- Munna is 4th Pokémon to be related to dreams (others are Drowzee, Hypno, and Darkrai.)
- Its name comes from 'mu'(夢), an alternate reading for 'yume' or dream.
- It has some resemblance to an elephant.