Landorus (Japanese: ランドロス Landlos) is a Ground/Flying-type Legendary Pokémon first introduced in the Generation V games Pokemon Black and White. It is also a Pokémon that is only a male. It is somehow related to Tornadus and Thundurus. In the Game it states that when Thundurus and Tornadus were harming the Unova region with their powers which ruined houses and fields, Landorus stopped them. It can only be obtained if you visit the Abundant Shrine with both Tornadus and Thundurus in your Pokémon Party, provided one of them has been caught on its respective game.
Landorus is a somewhat muscular crimson-colored Pokémon, with red markings covering its body. Its forehead protrudes three spikes. It rides around in a cloud with a brown, tentacle-like tail sticking out, which is said to contain nutrients for the soil. This Pokémon rides in the cloud in a sitting position.
Landorus does not evolve.
|Generations I - IV
|Landorus did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.
|Lands visited by Landorus grant such bountiful crops that it has been hailed as "The Guardian of the Fields."
|The energy that comes pouring from its tail increases the nutrition in the soil, making crops grow to great size.
In the Anime
Landorus and its brothers appeared in BW061 and BW062.
The Kami Trio in the anime
- Landorus is the third Pokémon to be a combination of Ground and Flying types and be immune to its first type. The other two are Gligar and Gliscor.
- This Pokémon's appearance also resembles a Djinn.
- It's possible that this Pokémon creates sandstorms, as Tornadus creates whirlwinds and tornadoes, and Thundurus creates thunderstorms.
- Landorus can resemble Rayquaza in many ways, seeing how they appear to be the masters of their trio, have higher base stats, and how they both stopped their counterparts from harming their home region.
- Although Landorus is a Flying type, it doesn't learn any moves of this type through leveling up.
- Landorus may be based on the Roman god Saturn since Landorus is dubbed the "Guardian of the Fields" and Saturn is the god of agriculture
- Landorus is the only member of the Kami trio to not debut in a movie.
- Landorus and the rest of the Kami trio will have new forms in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, called "Therian Forms" , while their current forms are called their "Incarnate Forms". Their Therian Forms are exclusive to players with a 3DS and the AR searcher app, as seen in a CoroCoro leak.
- While Landorus has a gender, it cannot breed.