JE065: A Ghost of a Chance
|"A Ghost of a Chance"|
|Pokémon: Johto League Champions|
|January 18, 2001||November 10, 2001|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Ash and co finally arrive at Ecruteak City. Ash heads to the gym for his battle only to have he, Misty and Brock be attacked by Ghost Pokémon. Just as Ash was about to fight back a young man stops him and explains that the ghost Pokémon were just protecting their home. He introduces himself as Morty, the Ecruteak Gym Leader. Ash asks for a battle but Morty declines saying that where they were standing wasn't the place to have one. Then a picture of a Pokémon Ash saw caught his eye and Morty explains that it was Ho-Oh. Was that Pokémon really what Ash saw when his journey began?
Debuts[edit | edit source]
Human Debuts[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode was called The Tower Inferno before the 9/11 incident.
- After four seasons and 180 episodes, Ash finally learns the name of the Pokemon he saw in the sky on his first day as a Pokemon trainer; Ho-oh.
- Morty refers to Ho-oh as "they", suggesting that more than one was know to have existed in the past, just as multiple Lugias will be seen later.
- The Burnt Tower is in remarkably good condition given that it is a 300-year-old damaged wooden structure completely exposed to the elements.
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- Gengar was wrapped by Arbok.
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|