JE050: Two Hits and a Miss
|"Two Hits and a Miss"|
|Pokémon: Johto League Champions|
|September 28, 2000||September 15, 2001|
While on their way to Ecruteak City Ash and the gamg encounter a trainer whose Tauros is out of control. When Ash tires to stop it with his Bulbasaur an old man is impressed with his skill. He introduces himself as Kenzo and takes him to his dojo. There they meet Chigusa, his granddaughter, who only focuses on her moves rather than power, which Kenzo sees as ridiculous. He then announces that Ash will be the new Shihan of the dojo, but Chigusa won't take that lying down. Then a challenger named Shiro challenges Kenzo but Chigusa takes his place. After an interruption by Team Rocket, Shiro decides to postpone the battle until tomorrow. Can Chigusa be able to see the flaw in her battle style? And will she be able to prove to her gandfather she is worthy of being Shihan?
- Misty: Why did all those trainers bow to you?
- Kenzo: "Because I am the Shihan of this dojo.
- [Brock and Misty gasp]
- Ash: Shihan? I think I had that once in a Chinese restaurant.
- [Everyone but Ash collapses]
- Brock: Don't you know anything?! A Shihan is the master teacher in a dojo!
- Ash: I thought it was chicken in a garlic sauce.
- Kenzo: You're confusing me with General Tso.
- Chigusa: All right, if you want to be the one to take over here... You're gonna have to beat the two of us first!
- [after he and his Machoke gain backaches]
- Kenzo: I guess we're both a little rusty.
- Kenzo: You need training!
- Chigusa: [backs off] What kind of training?
- The dub title was quite accurate about this episode: The "Two Hits" being Hitmonlee and Hitmontop and the "Miss" being Chigusa.
- The Tauros' trainer was voiced by Marc Thompson.
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|