JE035: The Totodile Duel
|"The Totodile Duel"|
|Pokémon: The Johto Journeys|
|June 8, 2000||May 5, 2001|
Here we go again. While heading toward Goldenrod City, Ash and co. encounter a Totodile and, while trying to catch it, Ash and Misty get into a bunch of arguments (Yeesh, why dosen't Ash marry Misty if they're gonna fight like an old married couple over everything?). After catching the Totodile with a Lure Ball Ash and Misty fight over it until Brock couldn't take it anymore, puts his foot down and takes the Lure Ball away from Ash and Misty. Brock decides the best way to determine who gets Totodile is a 3-on-3 Pokémon Battle. Who will win this time around? Will Misty add a new Water Pokémon to her collection, or will Ash get a replacement for Squirtle?
- This is the third "Ash vs. Misty" battle so far in the series. The first two were Ash's Gym Battle at the Cerulean Gym in IL007: The Water Flowers of Cerulean City and IL050: Who Gets to Keep Togepi?
- It is also the second time Pikachu refuses to battle Misty.
- This is one of the few episodes where one main character catches a Pokémon and another main character's Pokémon evolves.
- Misty uses Togepi for the first time in battle.
- Misty's Staryu uses a "Jump" attack. Jump was never an attack.
- Ash: Hey.
- Misty: Uh.
- Ash: Which?
- Misty: How do we tell which one's which?
- Brock: I'm sure you can both work this out maturely.
- Ash and Misty: Well, that one's definitely mine. [grab the same Lure Ball.]
- Misty: It's Mine!
- Ash: It's Mine!
- Misty: Let go!
- Ash: You let go!
- Brock: Ok, that's it! [takes the Lure Ball with Totodile] I'll take custody of this for now. It's obvious that neither one of you is gonna give up or give in, so that means there's only one fair way to decide which one of you gets to keep the Totodile.
- Ash and Misty: A Pokémon Battle!
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|