Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
JE012: The Whistle Stop
|"The Whistle Stop"|
|Pokémon: The Johto Journeys|
|January 1, 2000||December 2, 2000|
While Ash and friends are travelling to Violet City, Team Rocket comes up with a plan to steal Pikachu, only to have their plans foiled by an unsturdy bridge. Ash and co soon meet Arielle and her Ledyba and they help them cross the river. They are soon attacked by Team Rocket and Lickitung's Supersonic disorients Arielle's Ledyba and things get even worse when Arielle's whistle is stolen. Will Arielle ever see her Ledyba again? More importantly, will they be able to listen to her without her whistle?
- Mr. Douglas
- This is one of two episodes where Brock describes a girl Pokédex style. The other is Nerves of Steelix when he describes Jasmine.
- The Japanese version of the episode is the first of the 2000's.
- This is another episode involving the comedic style of breaking the fourth wall. The first time in this season, done by Meowth.
- There is a backmasked messege in the English version when Victreebel is sucking on James head. He is saying: "Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil! Leo Burnett!" Eric Stuart later confirmed that this was intentional.
- The Ledyba are doing the opposite of Arielle's commands. (Ascend=Descend and vice versa).
- Brock: "Girl travelling with Ledyba. This natural beauty's short, boyish hairstyle provides the ideal compliment to her warm, feminine features. This girl is obviously Brock's type.Hee."
Misty: "Here we go again."
- Ash: "Ledyba are bug Pokémon Misty. How come you're not starin' to bug out yet?"
Misty: "They're cute. The only thing that's bugging me now is Brock."
- Arielle: "Can I help you with something?"
Ash: "Yes Miss. We need to get across the water and Brock needs to get back down to Earth."
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|