The wiki is being updated with the Pokémon template. Since the update is being done by bot, there will be errors on some pages.
If you see an error caused by the update, feel free to fix it and if you need help with the template, ask Crimsonnavy.
Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
|This article is missing an image. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by adding one.|
Howl is a -type move. When used, the Pokémon howls loudly to raise its attack. It was a signature move of Houndour & Houndoom until Generation III. It is the only sound-based move that is not affected by the Soundproof ability.
|T/DS||Boosts the user's Attack by 1 level.|
|X/Y||The user howls loudly to raise its spirit, which raises its Attack stat.|
Pokemon that learn it via leveling-up
Pokemon that inherit it as an Egg Move
- Ninetales (from evolving a Vulpix that learned it as an Egg Move)
- Arcanine (from evolving a Growlithe that learned it as an Egg Move)
- Quilava (from evolving a Cyndaquil that learned it as an Egg Move)
- Typhlosion (from evolving a Quilava from Cyndaquil that learned it as an Egg Move)
- Camerupt (from evolving a Numel that learned it as an Egg Move)
- Luxio (from evolving a Shinx that learned it as an Egg Move)
- Luxray (from evolving a Luxio from Shinx that learned it as an Egg Move)
- Howl is technically a sound-based move despite the fact it isn't affected by Soundproof. This is due to the fact it effects its user, instead of the opponent.
- In terms of its function Howl is basically the opposite of move Growl (Howl increases the users attack stat, while Growl decreases the opponents' attack stat).
|This article is a stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|