|This article is missing an image. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by adding one.|
The Grand Festival is the final challenge for all coordinators. In order to enter the grand festival, a coordinator must earn five contest ribbons. The winner of the grand festival wins the ribbon cup.
For the Grand Festival the coordinators wore new costumes
Locations[edit | edit source]
Competition Rounds[edit | edit source]
Preliminary Appeal round (Double Performance or Single Performance)[edit | edit source]
- 135 Coordinators must produce impressive appeals with their Pokémon, by having them produce one move:
- Only the best 32 progress through the main appeal round the next day
Main Appeal round (Double Performance or Single Performance)[edit | edit source]
- 32 Coordinators must produce impressive appeals with their Pokémon, by having them produce many moves:
- Only the best 8 coordinators go through to the Double Battle Round the next day
Battle round[edit | edit source]
- On the 3rd day of the tournament, 8 Coordinators face each other in knock-out double battles.
- Matches last for 5 minutes and the Coordinator with the least points loses if both opponents still have a Pokémon standing. The Coordinator who wins all 3 matches is the winner of the tournament.
Double Battle round[edit | edit source]
The double battle round is the round in a Pokémon Contest Grand Festival. The purpose of the round is to have the Pokémon battle each other while still making their moves look beautiful.
- Each round is five minutes long, except for Sudden Death, which has no time limit.
Scoring[edit | edit source]
Each contestant begins with a fixed number of points.
These points are lost when
- An opponent's move hits their Pokémon,
- Their move misses or doesn't look beautiful,
- The contestant is issued a yellow card,
- A Pokemon's combo fails.
Additionally, contestants can be disqualified upon
- Being found cheating or issued a second yellow card,
- Presumably being issued a red card.
Winning[edit | edit source]
A winner in the double battle round is determined by one or all of three criteria;
- Whoever has more points when time runs out or loses all their points first
- If two of the Pokémon of one team faints.
If there is a tie upon time running out, the double battle goes into Sudden Death.
Sudden Death[edit | edit source]
Sudden Death is an extension of the double battle if there is a tie at the end of five minutes.
There is no time limit in Sudden Death. The round ends when one person runs out of points.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the game, there are no grand festivals unlike in the anime.