-type Pokémon are associated with heat, often in the form of flames or lava. Fire-type attacks often have a chance of causing the Burn status effect, though they themselves are immune to it, which reduces the Attack statistic by half as well as taking away hit points each turn it is in effect.
Some Fire types are not affected by Fire type attacks because they have an ability called Flash Fire, which negates all fire damage and raises the power of Fire-type moves at the same time.
- Single-types: 1st Gen: 10, 2nd Gen: 6, 3rd Gen: 2, 4th Gen: 2, 5th Gen: 7
- Dual-types: 1st Gen: 2, 2nd Gen :4, 3rd Gen: 4, 4th Gen: 3, 5th Gen: 9
- Total Fire-types: 49
Weaknesses and resistances[edit | edit source]
Generation II - V[edit | edit source]
Abilities of Fire Pokémon[edit | edit source]
|Anger Point||When the Pokémon takes a critical hit, the Pokémon's Attack stat is maximized.||IV||Dream World|
|Blaze||Increases the power of Fire-type moves when the Pokémon is below 33.33% health.||III||Fire Starter Pokémon
|Drought||When the Pokémon enters battle, the sunlight brightens until weather conditions change.||III||Vulpix family
|Early Bird||If put asleep, the time spent sleeping during battle is reduced.||III||Houndour family||Natural|
|Flame Body||If hit by a physical move, there is a 30% chance the opposing Pokémon will become burned.
It also halves the amount of steps needed to hatch an egg if this Pokémon and the egg are in your party.
|Some Pokémon can have an ability of a type that doesn't correlate to the type, or types, of the Pokémon.|
Natural[edit | edit source]
- Flash Fire
- Hustle - Just Darumaka; This is a / ability.
- Intimidate - Just the Growlithe family; This is a ability.
- Levitate - Just Rotom (Heat Form); This is a ability.
- Magma Armor
- Multitype - Unique to Arceus (Fire Arceus).
- Oblivious - Just Numel; This is a ability.
- Pressure - This is a ability
- Run Away - Just the Ponyta family; This is a ability.
- Sheer Force - Just Darmanitan; This is a ability.
- Simple - Just Numel; This is a ability.
- Solid Rock - Just Camerupt; This is a ability.
- Turboblaze - Unique to Reshiram.
- White Smoke - Unique to Torkoal.
- Victory Star - Unique to Victini.
- Guts - Just Flareon; This is a ability.
- Inner Focus - Just Darumaka; This is a ability.
- Iron Fist - Just the Chimchar family; This is a ability.
- Justified - Just the Growlithe family; This is a ability.
- Own Tempo - Just Numel; This is a / ability.
- Reckless - Just Emboar; This is a ability.
- Regenerator - Just Ho-oh; This is a ability.
- Shadow Tag - Just the Litwick family; This is a ability.
- Shell Armor - Just Torkoal; This is a ability.
- Solar Power - Just the Charmander family.
- Speed Boost - Just the Torchic family.
- Swarm - Just the Larvesta family; This is a ability.
- Thick Fat - Just the Tepig family; This is a ability.
- Unnerve - Just the Houndour family; This is a ability.
- Vital Spirit - Just the Magby family.
- Weak Armor - Just the Slugma family; This is a ability.
- Zen Mode - Unique to Darmanitan.
Fire Pokémon Families[edit | edit source]
|Unevolved||First evolution||Second evolution||Other type|
|Charmander||Charmeleon||Charizard||Only Charizard is|
|Eevee||Flareon||Eevee is , not Fire|
|Slugma||Magcargo||Only Magcargo is|
|Torchic||Combusken||Blaziken||; Only Torchic isn't Fighting|
|Chimchar||Monferno||Infernape||; Only Chimchar isn't Fighting|
|Rotom||(Gene. V onward - Heat Form)|
|Tepig||Pignite||Emboar||; Only Tepig isn't Fighting|
|· · · · · · · ·|
|· · · · · · · ·|
|Only exists within Generation II - IV: · Only exists in Colosseum and XD:|