Irate Pokémon Pokémon
|Hustle||50% ♂/50% ♀|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Deino (Japanese: モノズ Monozu) is a /-type Pokémon based off of the powerful Lernaean Hydra from Greek mythology. Each time it evolves, it grows one more head. It evolves into Zweilous at level 50, and later into Hydreigon at level 64.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Deino is a small, blue dinosaur-like Pokémon with black fur covering its neck and most of its head. It has a small tail and a tuft of fur atop its head. The pink marks around its collar are wounds.
Game Info[edit | edit source]
Game Locations[edit | edit source]
Pokédex Entries[edit | edit source]
|Generations I - IV|
|Deino did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|It loves to bite everything! As far as food, it eats anything... It’s dangerous to approach carelessly!|
|They cannot see, so they tackle and bite to learn about their surroundings. Their bodies are covered in wounds.|
Learnset[edit | edit source]
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
Sprites[edit | edit source]
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Deino did not appear in Generation I|
|Deino did not appear in Generation II|
|Deino did not appear in Generation III|
|Deino did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|File:Shiny Deino BW Back.gif|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This Pokémon and its evolutions are the first of its type: /
- Deino and is evolutions are similar to the Bakugan Hydranoid and its evolutions.
- Its name appears to be taken from dinosaur and the german word for 'one': ein.
- Its name, and the names of its evolutions are all based on the german words for one, two, and three: ein, zwei, drei.
- The pink spots on the fur around its neck are wounds since it explores its surroundings by biting. This makes it the first Pokemon that its Pokedex image shows it being injured,
- Deivos is the Ancient Greek word for terrible or horrible.
- Deino's name is derived from that of the prehistoric Deinonychus, a dinosaur which existed during the early Cretaceous Period.