Season Pokémon Pokémon
Serene Grace (Dream World)
|50% ♂/50% ♀|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|???||19.5 kg||???||0.6 m|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Deerling (Japanese: シキジカ Shikijika) is a /-type Pokémon. Its classification is the Seasonal Pokémon. It can change appearance in accordance to the seasons currently present in the games. In Spring it is pink, in Summer it is green, in Autumn it is orange, and in Winter it is brown. Its abilities are Chlorophyll and Sap Sipper. It evolves into Sawsbuck starting at level 34.
Deerling resembles a deer fawn and changes color during the four seasons. It varies from pink, green, orange and brown. In the spring it matches the pink flowers, in the summer it matches the green leaves, in fall it matches the orange leaves littering the ground, and in winter it matches the bare brown branches of trees. Deerling has a flower atop its head that does not change with the seasons.
|Black/White||Route 6, 7, Dragonspiral Tower||Common|
|Generations I - IV|
|Deerling did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|The color and scent of their fur changes to match the mountain grass. When they sense hostility, they hide in the grass.|
|The turning of the seasons changes the color and scent of this Pokémon's fur. People use it to mark the seasons.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
- It was revealed in a video on July 30, 2010 along with the Pokémon Musical, Watchog, and Swanna. It was officially revealed on the September issue of CoroCoro on August 8, 2010.
- No other Pokémon shares the same type combination as Deerling and Sawsbuck.
- It is one of the five Normal-type Pokémon which have a secondary type that is not Flying. The others are Girafarig, Bibarel, Meloetta and its own evolution Sawsbuck.
- Out of all the dual Normal type Pokémon, Deerling has the most weaknesses. This is shared with its evolution, Sawsbuck.
- Deerling is based on either a Fallow Deer or a fawn.
- Deerling's Japanese name is a combination of 四季 shiki, four seasons, and 鹿 shika, deer. The English name was formed with "deer" (since it resembles one) and "ling" since some baby animals carry that suffix, as in the words: duckling, fledgling (a bird who has just learned how to fly), and gosling.
- Deerling and Sawsbuck are the only Pokémon that have seasonal forms.