Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Luring Pokémon Pokémon
Shadow Tag (Dream World)
|50% ♂/50% ♀|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|34.3 kg||???||1.0 m||???|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Chandelure (Japanese: シャンデラー Shandera) is a /-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V. Chandelure is the evolved form of Lampent and final evolutionary form of Litwick. It requires a Dusk Stone to evolve. One is used by the Unova Elite Four member Shauntal. It also has the highest special attack stat of all non-legendary Pokémon.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Chandelure is a black and purple Pokémon. It has two black arms with two candle like extension's sprouting from each arm. This Pokémon looks similar to a chandelier, with a large head and multiple arms extending out from its base. Its mouth area consists of black stitches.
Game Info[edit | edit source]
Game Locations[edit | edit source]
Pokédex Entries[edit | edit source]
|Generations I - IV|
|Chandelure did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.|
|Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.|
Learnset[edit | edit source]
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
Sprites[edit | edit source]
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Chandelure did not appear in Generation I|
|Chandelure did not appear in Generation II|
|Chandelure did not appear in Generation III|
|Chandelure did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
Origin[edit | edit source]
Chandelure's name is based off of the word "chandelier" and "lure", as it is what the Pokémon's appearance is based off of and that this Pokémon uses its lights to lure people away.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Chandelure evolutionary line are the only Pokémon with the unique Ghost/Fire typing.
- Chandelure has the highest special attack stat of all non-Legendary Pokémon.
- Chandelure is one of the few Pokémon that can have the Shadow Tag ability. However, it can only have it at a hidden ability.
- Chandelure's name is a portmanteau of the words "chandelier" and "lure".
- The flames of this Pokémon's line are a play on the depiction of ghosts/spirits appearing as ghastly flames/lights in Japanese culture.
- Chandelure is the second Pokémon to be based on a decoration for a house, the first being Rotom in its Heat Forme.
- Despite Chandelure possessing the ability to hover, it doesn't have the ability Levitate.
- Chandelure is one of the few Pokémon to not learn any moves from Level 1.
- Chandelure is one of only three stage 2 -type Pokemon. The others are Gengar and Dusknoir.
- Chandelure is the only stage 2 dual -type Pokemon as of Generation V.
- In PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond, this pokemon is the keeper of the Atraction 'Dance Inferno'.