Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Valiant Pokémon Pokémon
Defiant (Dream World)
|0% ♀/100% ♂|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Braviary (Japanese: ウォーグル Wargle) is a /-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V that is classified as the Valor Pokémon and has the abilities Keen Eye, Defiant and Sheer Force, which boosts the power of its attacks but prevents any secondary effects such as Poisoning or Burning. It can learn the moves Wing Attack, Peck, Fury Attack, Hyper Beam and a new one called Sky Drop. It is a version exclusive of Pokémon White. It evolves from Rufflet at level 54.
|Black/White||Route 11, Village Bridge (White only)||Rare|
|Generations I - IV|
|Braviary did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|They fight for their friends without any thought about danger to themselves. One can carry a car while flying.|
|The more scars they have, the more respect these brave soldiers of the sky get from their peers.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Braviary did not appear in Generation I|
|Braviary did not appear in Generation II|
|Braviary did not appear in Generation III|
|Braviary did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
- It is most likely based on a Bald Eagle, one of the national symbols of the United States, or a Golden Eagle.
- Its English name, Braviary, is derived from the words Brave, possibly meaning courage or having to do with American Indian Braves, and Aviary, meaning a large cage or a house or enclosure in which birds are kept.
- Its Japanese name, Wargle, is derived from war and eagle.
- It was revealed in the August issue of Coro Coro along with six other Pokémon on July 11, 2010.
- Braviary is exclusive to Pokémon White, where as its counterpart, Mandibuzz, is exclusive to Pokémon Black.
- Braviary is an all-male species, where as its counterpart Mandibuzz is all-female.
- Braviary requires a Ditto in order to breed, as breeding it with Mandibuzz will only spawn Vullaby eggs (This is the same relationship shared between Tauros and Miltank).
- It is interesting to note that a person with black version, a DS, and Wi-Fi can get Braviary after battling Cynthia. But one with White, a DS, and Wi-Fi can't get the counterpart Mandibuzz, due to no trainers using it on either game (except on the Battle Subway which doesn't register Pokémon seen in the Pokédex.)
- Braviary has the 2nd highest attack stat (123) of all non-legendary bird based Pokémon, with the highest attack belonging to Honchkrow (125).
- Before being revealed that the Unova region was based on America, many Pokémon fans considered Braviary's Bald Eagle-esque appearance as evidence that the games were based there.
- Braviary represents August in the Unova horoscope.