Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Bash Buffalo Pokémon Pokémon
Soundproof (Dream World)
|50% ♂/50% ♀|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|94.5 kg||???||1.6 m||???|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
Bouffalant (Japanese: ブッファロン Buffalon) is a -type Pokémon introduced in Generation V that is known as the Headbutt Bull Pokémon and has the abilities Reckless and Sap Sipper. One is used by Champion Alder.
Bouffalant is a large, brown buffalo-like Pokémon. It features a large magnificent Afro on its head with two equally large horns popping out of it. Each horn has two golden rings on it. This Pokémon also has a small tail.
|Generations I - IV|
|Bouffalant did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|Their fluffy fur absorbs damage, even if they strike foes with a fierce headbutt.|
|They charge wildly and headbutt everything. Their headbutts have enough destructive force to derail a train.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Bouffalant did not appear in Generation I|
|Bouffalant did not appear in Generation II|
|Bouffalant did not appear in Generation III|
|Bouffalant did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|File:Bouffalant BW Back.gif|
|File:Shiny Bouffalant BW Back.gif|
- Bouffalant is based on a buffalo.
- Its name is derived from バッファロー buffalo and アフロ afro.
- Bouffalant was officially revealed on the October issue of Coro Coro on September 11, 2010.
- It is the third Pokémon of the sub-family Bovinae family, the others being Miltank and Tauros.
- Before Black and White were released, some fans believed that Bouffalant was an evolution of Tauros.
- Bouffalant represents May in the Unova horoscope.