Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
BW085: Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1)
|"Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1)"|
|Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies|
Ladies and gentlemen... ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?! BECAUSE THE TIME HAS COME FOR ASH'S FINAL GYM BATTLE AND IT'LL BLOW YOUR EARDRUMS AWAY!
Since the Gym in Opelucid City was closed, Ash had to use the Virbank City Gym as a substitute and here he meets the ultra-punky Roxie and her band, the Koffing and soon finds out the Virbank Gym doubles as a live venue and with a loud Thunderbolt Ash challenges the young Gym Leader to a Gym Battle in which she accepts with one condition: Ash will battle with a full team of six Pokémon while she uses only three. What Pokémon will this next generation Pretty Poison have up her sleeve?
- Prior to this episode, Ash swapped Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy and Krokorok for Boldore, Unfezant, Leavanny and Palpitoad.
- Roxie is the first Gym Leader who made her anime debut prior to the game she was in: Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2.
- There was a moment similar to IL014: Electric Shock Showdown where trainers were being beaten one after another by Roxie.
- The effect of poison has the same visual as the effect of paralysis in the anime, only purple.
- This is the only gym battle in the anime where a gym leader has a set number of pokemon but the challenger can have up to 6 unlike the rest, this is like the games