We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
BW052: Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym!
|"Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym!"|
|Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies|
Episode Plot[edit | edit source]
The time has (finally) come. Ash vs. Elesa in a Pokémon Gym Battle. Ash tries to think of his strategy and comes up with one. Since Elesa uses -Type Pokémon, and -Type Pokémon beat Electric-Types, Ash has decided to use only his Palpitoad during the battle and leave Pikachu out. Will Ash's strategy work, especially if Elesa's other two Pokémon have no weakness against Ground-types?
Debuts[edit | edit source]
Pokémon[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the fourth time Ash battled an Electric type Gym Leader. The first three being Lt. Surge, Wattson and Volkner.
- This is also the only time Ash battles an Electric Gym Leader without having a rematch.
- The battle is a bit of a reverse of what happened in the Gym Battle between Ash and Falkner, with Elesa knocking out two of Ash's Pokémon with just one.
- Ash's Palpitoad is confirmed to be male in this episode.
- This is the first time in the anime that a gym leader's most powerful Pokémon got knocked out first before it did any real damage. The most powerful of a gym leaders Pokémon is usually knocked out last after it does collateral damage but this episode was different. This may have been due to type advantage as Palpitoad is a dual water and Ground-type and Ground is super-effective against Electric.
- This is the first time Ash switched his team during a Gym Battle.
- Thinking it was easy to beat Elesa, Ash only brought in Palpitoad, the only time he brought in one Pokémon to battle three
- Professor Oak's Live Caster: Zorua
- Who's That Pokemon?: Tynamo (US)