BW052: Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym!
|"Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym!"|
|Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies|
The time has (finally) come. Ash vs. Elesa in a Pokémon Gym Battle. Ash tries to think of his strategy and comes up with one. Since Elesa uses -Type Pokémon, and -Type Pokémon beat Electric-Types, Ash has decided to use only his Palpitoad during the battle and leave Pikachu out. Will Ash's strategy work, especially if Elesa's other two Pokémon have no weakness against Ground-types?
- This is the fourth time Ash battled an Electric type Gym Leader. The first three being Lt. Surge, Wattson and Volkner.
- This is also the only time Ash battles an Electric Gym Leader without having a rematch.
- The battle is a bit of a reverse of what happened in the Gym Battle between Ash and Falkner, with Elesa knocking out two of Ash's Pokémon with just one.
- Ash's Palpitoad is confirmed to be male in this episode.
- This is the first time in the anime that a gym leader's most powerful Pokémon got knocked out first before it did any real damage. The most powerful of a gym leaders Pokémon is usually knocked out last after it does collateral damage but this episode was different. This may have been due to type advantage as Palpitoad is a dual water and Ground-type and Ground is super-effective against Electric.
- This is the first time Ash switched his team during a Gym Battle.
- Thinking it was easy to beat Elesa, Ash only brought in Palpitoad, the only time he brought in one Pokémon to battle three
- Professor Oak's Live Caster: Zorua
- Who's That Pokemon?: Tynamo (US)