BW046: Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?
|"Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?"|
|Pokémon: Black & White|
Episode Plot[edit | edit source]
With the unexpected addition of Meowth added to their roster, Ash and co. are still travelling North to Nimbasa City. During the trip, they meet a male Purrloin which both Meowth and Oshawott fall for, believing he is female. Jessie and James hatch a new scheme at the trainyard. Meanwhile, Cilan meets a girl named Mischa who had lost her Purrloin. They manage to find it but the Purrloin was not happy seeing Mischa again thinkng she abandoned him. But when some sand floods the mine can they get out? And what exactly is Team Rocket up to?
Debuts[edit | edit source]
Pokémon Characters[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "You see, Purrloin's a guy."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode marks the fourth time Meowth has fallen in love with a region's native cat Pokémon. The first three times were with a female Meowth named Meowsie, the second time was with a female Skitty that was under May's care, and the third time was with a female Glameow, which was short lived when it evolved into Purugly. However, the Purrloin in this episode was actually male pretending to be female in order to steal Ash's berries in his bag.
- It is revealed in this episode that Cilan has a great fear of Purrloin, when he stated that one of them did something terrible to him to which he refuses to talk about as he does not want to remember it.
- Iris attempt to catch Purrlion failed because Meowth was in the way. This was the 2nd time Meowth was almost caught by Iris even though she wanted to catch Purrloin.
- This episode aired in America on the same day as the theatrical release in America of the 14th movie White - Victini and Zekrom.
- Professor Oak's Live Caster: Beartic
- Who's That Pokemon?: Purrloin (US)