BW015: The Battle According to Lenora!
|"The Battle According to Lenora"|
|Pokémon: Black & White|
Episode Plot[edit | edit source]
As the Gym Battle between Ash and Lenora is about to get under way, Ash observes that Lenora keeps a keen eye on all her potential challengers. She quickly judges Ash to be a no-nonsense Trainer, and they launch into a fierce two-on-two battle—it’s Lenora’s Watchog and Lillipup versus Ash’s Tepig and Oshawott.
Right off the bat, Lenora’s Lillipup catches Ash off guard by using Roar, which forces him to switch Tepig out of the battle and send out Oshawott. Lenora decides to switch too, bringing in her Watchog and immediately using Mean Look—which keeps Oshawott from switching out again!
Watchog proves to be a fierce opponent, and Oshawott is quickly defeated. When Ash sends out Tepig, Lenora switches back to Lillipup, and its Take Down attack ends the battle quickly. Tepig is defeated, and Lenora wins!
Upset by his defeat, Ash vows to train hard and challenge the Nacrene Gym again, and Nurse Joy recommends that Ash put in some time at the Pokémon Battle Club. Don George says he is happy to help out, and we leave our heroes as Ash prepares to do some serious special training to prepare for his rematch against Lenora!
Meanwhile, James has hacked into Nacrene museum's secruity allowing Jessie and Meowth to easily steal the meteorite piece and replace it with the dummy they had. Team Rocket depart once their mission has been completed.
Errors[edit | edit source]
- When Ash withdrew Oshawott, His shell was missing but when Nurse Joy healed him his shell was there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ash forgot what Mean Look does, even though it was used against his Cyndaquil by Morty's Haunter in "From Ghost to Ghost", against his Charizard by Brandon's Dusclops in "Gathering the Gang of Four" and against his Donphan by Conway's Dusknoir in "Working on a Right Move".
- This is the third time Ash lost to a Normal-Type Gym Leader. The first was Whitney in JE042: A Goldenrod Opportunity and the second was to Norman in AG003: There's no Place Like Hoenn (even though it was an unofficial battle).
- Professor Oak's Live Caster: Darumaka
- Who's That Pokemon?: Lillipup (US)
Episode Pictures[edit | edit source]