|Debut:||The Lost Lapras|
|Episode captured:||The Lost Lapras|
|Caught where:||Tangelo Island|
|Released In:||Viva Las Lapras|
|Current location:||With its family|
|Evolved:||Does not evolve|
Ash's Lapras was the first Pokémon that Ash captured in the Orange Islands.
Lapras was originally found washed up on a beach but Ash & Co. managed to help nurse it back to health until it was kidnapped by Team Rocket. Ash managed to free it and captured it until they could find Lapras' family. Lapras was primarily used as the gang's transport throughout the Orange Islands but it was also used in several of the Gym battles and the final League match.
In Viva Las Lapras, Ash and co. finally found Lapras' family, but because of their experiences with a hunter, they did not accept Lapras back into the school. Eventually, it regained their acceptance by saving the school from the hunter, also helping the others trust humans again. It soon departed with its family.
Lapras wasn't seen again until Lapras of Luxury where it had grown up and became the leader of the herd.
|+ indicates this Pokémon used this move recently.*|
- indicates this Pokémon normally can't use this move.
- Squirtle was the first of Ash's Pokémon to be caught by Ash off-screen, making Lapras's capture the third in the English series and second in the Japanese.
- Ash caught his 30 Tauros on-screen in the Japanese series; as this episode was banned in the English series.
- Ash obtaining Lapras may be a reference to the first opening, where Ash was seen riding one.
- Lapras was the first Pokémon that Ash had that got separated from its mother and then returned to her later on. The second is Larvitar.
- Coincidentally, Lapras was reunited with Ash in the same episode that he received Larvitar's egg.
|At Oak's Lab|