An Apricorn is a type of berry that grows in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver. In the original GBC games, an apricorn would be given to Kurt in Azalea Town who would then, 24 hours later, turn it into a Poké Ball that you could use. These Poké Balls are completely unique and impossible to obtain any other way (other than those given as gifts by certain NPCs).
In the DS remakes, the new ApriJuice feature has been added. The ApriJuice are like the PokéBlocks and Poffins features seen in other games and will increase your stats in a Pokethlon contest. Both Apricorns and ApriJuices are kept in the Apricorn Box (a Key Item that appears in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver).
Types of Apricorns
The types of apricorns (and their resulting Poké Balls) are:
- White Apricorn
- "Fast Ball", Works most effectively against Pokémon with a high speed stat. Weakens the strength of all other Apricorns used in Aprijuice.
- Red Apricorn
- "Level Ball", Effectiveness increases with the difference in level between your Pokémon and the target Pokémon. Used to make Power Juice.
- Green Apricorn
- "Friend Ball", Similar to the Luxury Ball, it raises the Pokémon's happiness. Used to make Jump Juice.
- Yellow Apricorn
- "Moon Ball", Works best against Pokémon that evolve with a Moon Stone. Used to make Stamina Juice.
- Pink Apricorn
- "Love Ball", Is more effective when the target Pokémon is of the opposite gender of your Pokémon. Used to make Speed Juice.