Caring Pokémon Pokémon
Regenerator (Dream World)
|50% ♂/50% ♀|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|31.6 kg||???||1.2 m||???|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
|Black/White||Route 4, 17, 18, Driftveil City, P2 Laboratory||Uncommon|
|Generations I - IV|
|Alomomola did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|The special membrane enveloping Alomomola has the ability to heal wounds.|
|Floating in the open sea is how they live. When they find a wounded Pokémon, they embrace it and bring it to shore.|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Alomomola did not appear in Generation I|
|Alomomola did not appear in Generation II|
|Alomomola did not appear in Generation III|
|Alomomola did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|File:Alomomola BW Back.gif|
|File:Shiny Alomomola BW Back.gif|
- Alomomola was revealed an Oha Suta preview of a trailer on July 21, 2010. It was officially revealed on the September issue of Coro Coro on August 8, 2010.
- Alomomola appears to be a combination of a discus fish, an ocean sunfish, and a heart.
- Mamanbou, Alomomola's Japanese name, could be derived from 翻車魚 manbou, the Japanese word for the ocean sunfish, and "Mama", referencing its status as the Nursing Pokémon.
- Alomomola's name is a palindrome, making it the fourth Pokémon whose name is a palindrome, the other three Pokémon are Eevee, Girafarig, and Ho-Oh.
- Alomomola was originally thought to be related to Luvdisc, due to its similar colorings and shape. However, it does not have any relation to Luvdisc in any way.
- It is heart shaped, pink, and an aquatic Pokémon like Luvdisc.
- Alomomola was the first Pokémon that Ash and Pikachu saw when they arrived in the Unova region; however, he had no idea what it was at the time since he had no updated Pokédex with him.
- Alomomola is one of only two Pokémon with five syllables in their English name, the other being Feraligatr.
- Alomomola represents March in the Unova horoscope.