Question about a rule
Hi. I'm MichaelXD's older brother. Is it ok if I stay here with him on this wiki instead of being unfairly banned like we were on the bulbagarden wiki? (Cycling Road (talk) 18:01, 8 January 2014 (UTC))
- As long as you don't cause any trouble, you can do whatever you want. – Crimsonnavy 04:51, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
Regarding this rule, my friend said he came onto the marriland forums from my house and then later he was falsely accused of ban evading and was banned and his appeal got denied. Could someone look into this? They didn't have a similar username as me, or would it have mattered? Is another user named after me with the name Michael and the XD and other numbers in their name ok? (MichaelLOL (talk) 21:54, 9 January 2014 (UTC))
- 1: I don't know how things work on the forums, like I told you before.
- 2: If you get blocked on the wiki, you can contest your block either on your own talk page, or by emailing the blocking admin if they have emails from users enabled. Also, the only way you can really prove you are not the same person is an IP check, which people using the same connection will share. – Crimsonnavy 20:09, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
What if you appeal the ban through email, then months later, they go and ban you again saying you lied to them about your socked status like they did to me on the bulbagarden forums and I had plenty of friends over at my house with my younger brother himself? (Cycling Road (talk) 05:41, 18 January 2014 (UTC))
- 1: The only active admin on this wiki is me, plus the staff members, so unless you cause problems, you won't be blocked.
- 2: Michael, I don't know anything about reports about you on this site. – Crimsonnavy 07:36, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
Oh, there was some user named kuzronk falsely reporting me on forums or wikis and he uses fake proof. I do not remember what I was on when I saw that happening. (MichaelLOL (talk) 07:45, 18 January 2014 (UTC))
- I really can't help with off site blocks and I feel I must ask you to stop bugging me about your blocks on other sites. – Crimsonnavy 21:40, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I'm requesting permission to create an additional MichaelXD account on the marriland forums to start over. I did not break rules last time. Will you be ok with this? (MichaelLOL (talk) 06:05, 28 January 2014 (UTC))
- I've told you before that I don't really use the forums, so it doesn't really matter what I think. – Crimsonnavy 00:31, 30 January 2014 (UTC)
- To tell you the truth, I don't really care if he was falsely banned. He repeatedly brought up off site bans that neither I nor some of the others he messaged can do anything about. A search of his name, or even your name, shows that he has done this on many sites, often being blocked permanently for bothering people about it. I told him several times that we can't really do anything about his blocks, yet he continued to pester us about them, with his only edits being about his blocks. I'm sorry, but his block here will stay. – Crimsonnavy 08:38, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
- If you are talking about on the forums, I'm not going to help MichaelLOL/MichaelXD contact him because I don't want to bug Marriland. I'm not going to talk anymore about MichaelLOL's blocks. – Crimsonnavy 22:43, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
Well, you shouldn't have falsely accused him of breaking rules on the forums, you numbskull! My brother put his whole heart into following the rules and reporting things that offended him and you said he was banned for a reason?! How dare you. I'm going to start filing reports here because you were all mean to him. He says it was a complete accident. And if he says he didn't do something, THEN HE DIDN'T DO SOMETHING! (Cycling Road (talk) 03:22, 7 March 2014 (UTC))
- One: I do not frequent the forums, neither do I hold any sway there.
- Two: No where did I accuse him of breaking rules on the forum, he was blocked here, this wiki, for bringing up off site blocks repeatedly and contributing nothing to the wiki. I simply stated he also has a history on other sites of being blocked for this reason.
- Three: It is never wise to call someone a name if you are asking for their help.
- Four: I must ask you to stop messaging me about said blocks. – Crimsonnavy 04:00, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
Here's your screenshot. http://oi62.tinypic.com/5zfzfa.jpg He was banned on the forum unfairly first before you blocked him here, and he was explaining something. (Cycling Road (talk) 04:16, 7 March 2014 (UTC))
- In that screenshot, I told him I or the few others on the wiki can't help with off site blocks. The forums are separate from the wiki, meaning the moderators are different. I also warned him his block at that time was explained to him and warned him he would blocked on here if he kept bringing it up. His last message to me, http://pokemon.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=User_talk%3ACrimsonnavy&diff=364116&oldid=362484, included swearing, something not allowed on the site and was the last straw. This is the last time I will ask you to stop bugging about his blocks. – Crimsonnavy 04:34, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know how clearer I could be than saying "most users on the wiki can't help you with offsite bans". He even said "You mean bans not from the wiki? Boy! I'd better stop before I get banned." Yet he went on to message another user, where I told him this isn't the place to contest off site blocks and then warned him he could be blocked for it if he persisted. He ignored my warning and messaged the other user again and received a short block for it. His last message to me gave him his current block because it is quite obvious he is not here to edit the wiki, the reason it exists. I consider this matter closed. – Crimsonnavy 06:34, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
Please, Crimson. I'm sorry. Can't I just be allowed back onto the forum? I'm sorry for swearing at you. I didn't really mean it. I was angry. The admins were mean to me. What can I do? Can't I get another chance? (MichaelXD3 (talk) 08:11, 11 April 2014 (UTC))
I was unfairly banned from the forum yesterday on my MichaelXD account. MewtwoMaster sent a false report on me and Scrafty accepted the false report that was filed. I did not break the marriland rules. I keep getting emailed about the marriland forums every night. Please help. (MichaelXD3 (talk) 23:00, 18 April 2014 (UTC))
Long time no see.
I know it's been a super long time since we've talked or even been affiliated, so this might be slightly awkwardly received, but it's me, Jirachiwish. I just thought I'd create an account on here (I created it a while ago actually, but never got the opportunity to message you) since I permanently deactivated my Wiki one due to an influx of exams at the time, but now I'm pretty much free so I thought why not? And what better timing than during the release of a new game too! Gosh, it's exciting. Sorry, but it's really nice to talk to you again. I guess I'll be seeing you around a lot, then. Hope my presence is welcomed with open arms, and isn't too out of the blue.
- Oh, welcome back. Nice to see you're still around. I was kind of wondering where you disappeared to. The new game is exciting, a lot of hype going around about them. It's nice to have you back. – Crimsonnavy 22:48, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
I’d be absolutely willing to help out on the wiki now, especially as things seem to be moving through a slow activity period of late. Hope things kick up a notch with the release of the new game though. --CitizenBane (talk) 04:21, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
Hey Crimson, can I ask you a favor?
Long time no see, friend.
So...I was wondering if you could fix the 'Insert' widget thingy below the 'Save page' and 'Show preview' buttons, because it makes everything easier (I had to copy+paste the accented é multiple times and it's getting pretty tedious, and while there IS a template for it, yeah...)
I can't edit MediaWiki:Edittools because I do not have the permission to do so...since you're an admin, maybe you could help? -3- I have no idea if <charinsert> still works, though...
This isn't neccessary, I could still edit pages like I usually do...but I would greatly appreciate the help. (and a lot of contributors
well there are not a lot of them rn would too! ^_^)
Thanks anyways! Blazette ♥ 06:56, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
- I've messed with it before and just now and couldn't get it to work the way it should, so I asked about it on the Skype group. A staff member said they'll look at it tomorrow. – Crimsonnavy 04:15, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
Greetings, good sir.
You may have noticed that this Wiki is failing. So, you might wish to consider going here, where we have more content and users.
Only the best regards,
- We actually split off from that wiki two years ago. – Crimsonnavy 05:45, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- Apologies for the late reply. It wasn't the editors or the wiki itself, I was an admin there too. I believe the reason for the move was the forced changes being made wikia-wide without much warning. A perk of coming here was the staff don't seem to make sudden, radical changes like wikia staff liked to. I personally like the editing interface of this wiki more than the old wiki's and the content isn't hindered by the sidebar like wikia's is. To be honest, when the move occurred, I was somewhat fazing out of editing consistently because I was too busy to check like I used to, plus I sort lost the zeal for editing I used to have. So, if I did move back, it would sort be redundant because I don't edit as much as I used to. Besides, I was mostly a vandalism and plagiarism prevention admin. Sorry, but I'm not going to move back. – Crimsonnavy 20:03, 9 August 2014 (UTC)