Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
|Pokémon Black 2 and White 2|
|Publisher||Nintendo/The Pokémon Company|
|June 23, 2012|
|October 7, 2012|
|October 12, 2012|
|October 11, 2012|
The game's story is an altered version of the original Black & White storyline, having a new plot and features.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Features
- 3 Characters
- 4 Pokémon
- 5 Compatibility
- 6 News
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trailers
- 9 External Links
- 10 Trivia
The games are set two years after Pokémon Black and White, and the Unova region has changed drastically with new locations and Pokémon from previous generations. The player - Nate, the male protagonist, or Rosa, the female protagonist - starts in a location southwest in Unova called Aspertia City with Hugh, the player's rival. They are given a starter Pokémon - Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott - by Bianca, who is now Professor Juniper's assistant. As they venture out in Unova, they will challenge new and old Gym Leaders and will encounter the new Team Plasma, while also meeting the old Team Plasma.
- Main article: Unova
Over the set of two years since Pokémon Black and White, locations have drastically changed. Areas such as the Cold Storage are no longer accessible. Other areas such as Route 4 have changed. The southwest now contains locations, such as Aspertia City, Floccesy Town, and Virbank City.
Pokémon World Tournament
- Main article: Pokémon World Tournament
The Pokémon World Tournament is a new feature in which trainers can partake in a tournament against other trainers in a single or double battle. It is held in Driftveil City, hosted by Cynthia, the Sinnoh League Champion.
- Main article: Pokéstar Studios
Pokéstar Studios allows the player to star in movies varying in genre. Such movie genres include action, horror, and many others. Characters such as Brycen play a role in Pokéstar Studios.
- Cheren is now a Normal-type Gym Leader and the first encountered, in Aspertia City. Two new Gym Leaders appear, Roxie, who appears as the second Gym Leader encountered, and Marlon. Elesa returns, but this time with a restyling of her hair, eye color and clothes as shown in the animated trailer. Burgh, Clay, Skyla, and Drayden remain as Gym Leaders.
- Bianca is now the assistant of Professor Juniper.
- Iris is the new Champion.
- Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus get new formes called their "Therian" formes, which can be changed via the Reflecting Mirror.
- Keldeo has a new forme called the "Resolute Forme." Keldeo changes to its Resolute Forme when it learns Secret Sword, which can be learned by bringing it and Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion to the Pledge Grove, and changes back when the move is forgotten.
- Instead of only specific Trainers having sprite animations, all Trainers in the game have sprite animations.
- The Team Plasma clothes have been changed and also have a separate branch called New Team Plasma under Ghetsis... The Old Team Plasma also reappear under N with the same motives to release all Pokémon.
- The sprite animations of the starter Pokemon and their evolutions have changed slightly.
- Every Gym interior has change an each have a specific or signature background music.
- Improved sorting of items, as well as the option to assign certain items to a favorites pocket for quick access.
- Repels now prompt the player after wearing off if they would like to use another immediately, so long as they have at least one more Repel in their bag.
Elite Four and Champion
The Unova Pokédex received an upgrade and now features a total of 301 Pokémon, containing Pokémon from every generation.
- Main article: Pokémon Swarm#Black 2 and White 2
Like the predecessors, swarms - or mass outbreaks - activate after receiving the National Pokédex. Swarms change each day at midnight. To determine where a swarm is located, the player can check the gate and read the moving screen.
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are compatible between Pokémon Black and White and Pokémon Dream Radar. Pokémon from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Pokémon Platinum, and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver can also be sent to Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 by using Poké Transfer. The games are also compatible with Dream World.
|Japanese Trailer||First Trailer||Animated Trailer|
|New Japanese Trailer 1||New Japanese Trailer 2||English Version Early Gameplay Trailer|
|2nd Official English Gameplay Trailer||3rd Official English Gameplay Trailer||4th Official English Gameplay Trailer|
- Although Reshiram was on Pokémon Black's cover and Zekrom was on Pokémon White's cover, Black Kyurem is on Pokémon Black 2's cover and White Kyurem is on Pokémon White 2's cover.
- The protagonist from the previous games is said to be travelling in search of N.
- In Japan, The games Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 had over 1.16 Million pre-orders till June 16. This marks the first time that two consecutive series games on the Nintendo DS have had pre-order sales of over a million copies.
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are the only main-series games currently to be direct sequels.
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are the only games that have changed Gym Leaders, excluding Pokémon Emerald, where only one Gym Leader was changed.
- These games introduced the most alternate forms for Legendary/Mythical Pokémon, 6 in total.
|Game Boy||Red and Green (Japan) · Red and Blue (Overseas) · Blue (Japan) · Yellow|
|Game Boy Color||Gold and Silver · Crystal|
|Game Boy Advance||Ruby and Sapphire · FireRed and LeafGreen · Emerald|
|Nintendo DS||Diamond and Pearl · Platinum · HeartGold and SoulSilver · Black and White · Black 2 and White 2|
|Nintendo 3DS||X and Y · Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire · Sun and Moon|
|Main Series games · Spin-off games|