From the Marriland Wiki, a database for the Pokémon series that anyone can contribute to
Larvesta (Japanese: メラルバ Meraruba) is a Bug/Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Generation V.
Larvesta looks like a tan, larva Pokémon with white fur covering most of its lower body and head and five red, cork screw-like horns appear from its head. Underneath the white fur, its head is black, as well as its six legs, and it has light blue eyes.
Larvesta evolves into Volcarona at level 59.
| Generations I - IV
|Larvesta did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.
|This Pokémon was believed to have been born from the sun. When it evolves, its entire body is engulfed in flames.
|The base of volcanoes is where they make their homes. They shoot fire from their five horns to repel attacking enemies.
| Black 2
| White 2
- Larvesta evolves later than any Bug-type Pokémon, evolving at Lv. 59.
- Larvesta can be obtained by hatching it from an egg found on Route 18, or for breeding Volcarona.
- Larvesta's first part of its name comes from the word larva meaning a preform of beetle, moth, or butterfly
- Larvesta is the only larva-like Pokémon that skips the cocoon stage.
- Larvesta is the only Bug/Fire type besides its evolution Volcarona.
- Larvesta's name comes from larvae and Vesta, a Roman goddess represented by fire.